UL1015 Hook Up Wire
UL1015 hook-up wire is an essential component in many different applications, such as electronics and appliance lead wires. It’s made of durable materials that can withstand several threats and provide long-lasting general-purpose performance.
At WesBell Electronics, we carry UL1015 wire from Alpha Wire, an industry leader in cable and wire production. We partner with Alpha Wire to deliver quality UL1015 wire at affordable prices and provide customer service that’s second to none.
What Is UL1015 Hook-Up Wire?
UL1015 wire is a type of hook-up wire. It features durable polyvinyl chloride (PVC) insulation and tinned copper strands rated for 600 volts. This type of wire is a good choice for various electronics because of its voltage rating and ability to withstand temperatures of up to 105 degrees Celsius. One common way to implement UL1015 wire is to cut multiple lead wires to length and crimp and insert them into a plastic housing. Then, they can be formed into a wire harness before installation.
UL1015 offers resistance to many basic threats, such as:
Our UL1015 wire is available in American Wire Gauge (AWG) sizes from 24-10, in both stranded and solid configurations. All are available in 10 colors for easy identification and color-coding.
UL1015 wire has many approvals from appropriate organizations and directives, including:
- The CSA Group.
- The Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS).
- Underwriters Laboratories (UL)
- The Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH).
Always look for these approvals, so you know the wire is up to the task and can comply with any codes or requirements associated with your work.
UL1015 vs. Other Types of Hook-Up Wire
If you’re considering using UL1015 hook-up wire for your next project, make sure you compare it to other types of hook-up wire. Some are more cost-effective or appropriate for the wire’s environment. Here are a few of the differences between UL1015 and some similar types of hook-up wire:
- UL1007: If your application doesn’t require high voltage, UL1007 offers similar specifications but is only rated to 300 volts.
- UL1028: UL1028 is very close to UL1015 but is much thicker and offers more abrasion resistance.
- Type E, EE and ET: These types of wires feature a polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) insulation, which allows them to work in very high temperatures up to 200 degrees Celsius. Type ET is rated for 250 volts, Type E for 600 volts and Type EE for 1,000 volts.
With many different options that look similar, it can sometimes be tough to tell which one is right for the job. Our knowledgeable representatives are always happy to help you determine the right wire and cable for your projects.
UL1015 From WesBell Electronics
At WesBell Electronics, we take customer satisfaction seriously and are always ready to answer any questions you may have. In addition to buying assistance, we offer a range of wire processing services, such as cutting and wire harness assembly, to ensure your wires reach you ready for installation.
Click on our product links to browse our line of UL1015 hook-up wire from Alpha Wire, or reach out to us if you have any questions!