About Xtra-Guard® 4
To deal with extreme temperatures, you need a cable that’s built for the job. Xtra-Guard® 4 from Alpha Wire is a great choice, with support for high and low temperatures along with protection against a host of other threats. These cables are popular in a wide variety of heavy-duty industrial applications and are built with rugged materials from the industry leaders at Alpha Wire. And at WesBell Electronics, we can deliver these cables at affordable prices and with the wire processing you need.
What Is Xtra-Guard 4 Cable?
Alpha Wire Xtra-Guard 4 electronic cable offers unmatched cable performance in both high and low temperatures from -50°C to 125°C. It has outstanding resistance to oils, fuels, solvents and water. It also features a low hydrogen chloride (HCl) content for safety and passes the 210,000 British thermal unit (BTU) flame test. Xtra-Guard 4 features color-coded thermoplastic elastomer (TPE)-insulated conductors and a TPE jacket in both 300- and 600-volt styles.
Xtra-Guard 4 is most commonly used in wood, pulp and paper plant operations, mass transit systems, food and beverage plants, mining controls and instruments, petrochemical process controls and arctic pipeline controls. It comes in 300-volt, 600-volt, unshielded, shielded, multiconductor and multipair options in American Wire Gauge (AWG) sizes 24 through 14. You can also get configurations with Supra-Shield®, a unique shielding material from Alpha Wire that offers exceptional resistance to electromagnetic interference (EMI).
Why Xtra-Guard 4?
With Xtra-Guard 4, you get exceptional temperature and chemical performance in one flexible wire. In fact, the TPU insulation and jacketing offer three times the low-temperature flexibility of ordinary PVC. It’s a great high-performing cable for a range of difficult environments. Some of the other benefits it offers include:
- Ultraviolet resistance: UV resistance can help boost the cable’s longevity in outdoor or other UV-exposed environments.
- Abrasion resistance: Even in environments where the cable will face bumps and scrapes, Xtra-Guard 4 provides good abrasion resistance.
- Moderate resistance to oils, solvents, chemicals, fuels and acids: Keep your electronic cabling protected from harsh industrial substances with these rugged materials.
- Direct burial placement: This cable yields good protection that makes it suitable for direct burial applications.
- Excellent electromagnetic interference (EMI) protection with Supra-Shield: When Supra-Shield is installed, Xtra-Guard 4 provides exceptional protection from EMI, which is essential for high-noise environments.
- Approved for mine-wide monitoring systems: With the exception of 14 AWG cables, Xtra-Guard 4 is approved for these applications by the Pennsylvania Bureau of Deep Mining Safety.
Xtra-Guard 4 is available in unshielded, shielded and Supra-Shield varieties. Unshielded cable is best for use in tight spaces where noise isn’t a problem, since it features a smaller diameter. For applications that require some shielding, a foil-shielded cable can meet moderate demands, especially at lower frequencies, without adding much weight. Supra-Shield is an Alpha Wire exclusive, delivering excellent shielding via a triple layer of aluminum, aluminum foil and polyester and a tinned copper braided shield. This design gives excellent shielding at low and high frequencies.
You can get Xtra-Guard 4 in various colors for easy identification and safety. Here at WesBell Electronics, we can provide Xtra-Guard 4 cables at any length you need.
Xtra-Guard 4 Cables From WesBell Electronics
WesBell is a trusted source for Alpha Wire Xtra-Guard 4 cables and the rest of the Xtra-Guard lineup. We’re your one-stop shop for cables and a wide range of processing services, like wire cutting, termination and stripping. With our cost-effective prices and a knowledgeable customer service team, we can help you find the right wire and cable for your work with a timesaving, hassle-free buying experience.
Browse the Xtra-Guard 4 cables at the links above, or reach out to us if you have any questions!