Hook Up Wire
Multiconductor Portable Cord
Single Conductor Portable Cord
Multiconductor Electronic Cables
Heat Shrink Tubing
Burndy® Lugs and Crimping Tools
UL1007 Hook Up Wire
Alpha Wire 3047starting at Call for Price / ft.
Alpha Wire 3048starting at Call for Price / ft.
Alpha Wire 3049starting at Call for Price / ft.
Alpha Wire 3050starting at Call for Price / ft.
Alpha Wire 3050/1starting at Call for Price / ft.
Alpha Wire 3051starting at Call for Price / ft.
Alpha Wire 3051/1starting at Call for Price / ft.
Alpha Wire 3053starting at Call for Price / ft.
Alpha Wire 3053/1starting at Call for Price / ft.
Alpha Wire 3055starting at Call for Price / ft.
Alpha Wire 3055/1starting at Call for Price / ft.
Alpha Wire 3057starting at Call for Price / ft.
Alpha Wire 3057/1starting at Call for Price / ft.
Hook-up wire refers to a wide selection of wire. UL1007 is one variant of hook-up wire that’s good for low-voltage applications. It’s commonly used as an appliance or lead wire and features small American Wire Gauge (AWG) sizes.
We carry UL1007 hook-up wire manufactured by an industry leader in wire production — Alpha Wire. This brand puts quality first, and our partnership with them allows us to deliver extensive savings without sacrificing results.
What Is UL1007 Hook-Up Wire?
Like many other types of hook-up wire, UL1007 has a polyvinyl chloride (PVC) insulation and solid or stranded tinned copper conductors. Its defining characteristic is that it’s rated for 300 volts, as opposed to the 600- or 1,000-volt ratings you can find from other types of hook-up wire. A higher rating often comes with added cost, so UL1007 can be a great way to save if your application doesn’t call for a certain rating.
UL1007 can be used in applications up to 105 degrees Celsius, and it is most commonly used in electronics and appliances. Typically, multiple lead wires are cut to the appropriate length, crimped and inserted into a plastic housing. Then, they get shaped into a wire harness before installation into a device.
With its durable PVC insulation, hook-up wire offers resistance to:
We carry UL1007 PVC hook-up wire in AWG sizes 30-16 in stranded and solid variations. We also have 10 colors to choose from for easy identification and offer bulk discounts when purchased in large quantities.
Alpha Wire makes UL1007 hook-up wire to fit requirements and specifications set forth by:
- The CSA Group.
- The Conformité Européenne (CE) certification.
- Underwriters Laboratories (UL).
- The International Organization for Standardization (ISO).
- The Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS).
- The Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH).
These approvals are an essential part of making sure your wiring is up to code and meets certain standards your project must comply with.
UL1007 vs. Other Types of Hook-Up Wire
UL1007 shares a category with many other types of wire, which are important to know and can help you determine which one is right for the job. Here’s how UL1007 compares to some other types of hook-up wire:
- UL1015: UL1015 wire is very similar to UL1007, except it is rated for 600 volts and can sometimes handle higher temperatures. You may need UL1015 if you’re working with more demanding equipment or in high-heat environments.
- UL1028: While its capabilities are similar to UL1015, UL1028 wire is available in a larger size — AWG 8. It offers moderate flexibility.
- Type E, EE and ET: These types of wires use polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) insulation, which grants them excellent resistance to chemicals and high temperatures up to 200 degrees Celsius. Type E has a 600-volt rating, type EE offers 1,000 volts and type ET is rated for 250 volts.
If none of these seem to fit your application, our knowledgeable representatives are always happy to help and discuss what your project needs.
Working With WesBell Electronics
At WesBell Electronics, we offer exceptional customer service and can help you every step of the way. We can assist with product selection and even offer wire processing services, such as cutting and stripping, to ensure you can get right to work when your wire comes.
Click our various product links to explore our UL1007 hook-up wire and other options, or reach out to us online if you have any questions!